IT system administrator (f,m,div) - Reference number: 21/2023/Verw.
Stellenanangebot IT in 14979 Großbeeren | Deutschland
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) aims for excellence in horticultural research and related plant, environmental and social sciences. IGZ is based in Großbeeren close to Potsdam and Berlin and is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL). IGZ conducts strategic and international research for the sustainable production and use of vegetables, contributing to food security, human well-being and the conservation of natural resources. At IGZ, researchers from different disciplines work together on core-funded and grant-funded projects, in collaboration with national and international research partners.
Our research focuses on current topics that are important for healthy food and environmentally friendly horticulture. The basis for many experiments and all administrative processes is a robust and efficient IT infrastructure. In order to ensure the running and further development of the IT systems and to provide our international team with a solid basis for their work, we are looking for a:
IT system administrator (f,m,div)
Reference number: 21/2023/Verw.
The salary will be based on qualification and experience, according to the collective agreement TV-L, up to EG 11 (if applicable, allowance for IT specialists), fulltime. The position is suitable for part-time work with at least 30 hours/week. The place of work is Großbeeren with an open-ended contract.
- maintenance of the Linux server landscape and various services
- control, creation and maintenance of Linux servers and the operating system
- administration of Active Directory and Exchange Server
- support in the design of the network infrastructure
- support of the network infrastructure, taking into account security-relevant aspects
- ensuring system availability and troubleshooting in case of malfunction
- ensuring the smooth operation of the backup system
- creation and maintenance of operational documentation and process descriptions
- a degree in Informatics or a related field
- alternatively, a successfully completed IT education with proven advanced training and practical experience in the field of IT
- routine in handling Linux server operating systems, as well as in the administration of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- confident handling of network components (switches, routers) and IT security systems
- experience in server virtualization (VMware, Proxmox VE) is an advantage
- knowledge of role-based authorization structures desirable
- in depth knowledge of relevant back-up strategies and their implementation
- good communication skills in German and English
- independent, structured and service-oriented way of working
- ability to work in a team, open-mindedness and gentleness
- readiness to integrate into an international working environment
- a challenging and diverse workplace near Potsdam and Berlin
- very good opportunities for further training
- flexible and family-friendly working time models and the possibility of mobile working (up to 50% of working time)
- VBL-company pension in public service
- annual special payment and 30 days holiday per year
- Subsidy for the company ticket for local public transport or the Germany ticket
Further information about the IGZ can be found on the Internet at www.igzev.de. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lucien Daenen (033701 78 399; firstname.lastname@example.org).
We encourage a healthy work-life balance. The IGZ attaches great importance to equal opportunities. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualifications. The IGZ embraces diversity in its workforce, and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief or ethnic origin. In order to increase the proportion of female employees in this area, we hereby specifically invite women to apply.
We prefer to receive applications citing the reference number send by email to email@example.com in pdf format. Our postal address is: Personalbüro, Institute for Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren.