IGZ highlights from 2022
20. Dezember 2022
- Using knowledge to fight world hunger: The new Heisenberg Professor Dr. Tilman Brück will establish the "Zero Hunger Lab" in Berlin.
- The IGZ has a new director of research: Prof. Dr. Nicole van Dam. The Minister of Research of the State of Brandenburg, Dr. Manja Schüle, the Parliamentary State Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Dr. Manuela Rottmann, as well as the Vice President in the Leibniz Association, Prof. Dr. Barbara Sturm, gave their greetings at the ceremonial welcome. More information
- Dr. Franziska Hanschen is funded under the Leibniz Professorship Program, to establish a professorship with the TU Berlin. She is researching the mechanisms of formation and degradation of health-promoting ingredients in vegetables. The aim is to safeguard and improve the nutritional quality of vegetables under changed climatic conditions.
- IGZ on "Sendung mit der Maus! As part of the zirkulierBAR project, our colleagues explain in the show how recycling fertilizer from dry toilets works and why it makes sense.
- Two new Horizon Europe projects start at IGZ with a focus on circular economy and nutrient recycling: ECONUTRI and P2Green.
We hereby thank you for your interest, trust and commitment. We wish you relaxing holidays and a good start into the new year!